Junior Part Time Technician
Join the team at Mac Zen
Junior Part Time Technician
We are looking for a Junior Apple Specialist to provide support for residential clients who predominantly use Apple equipment. The position requires an ability and willingness to address issues both onsite and remotely. Mac Zen works with a diverse demographic of residential clients, and also work with many small to medium businesses providing end to end support for network infrastructure, server, workstations, and training. While the position offers initial deployment to our residential clients, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to develop their skills to also include supporting our commercial customers.
Our roster of clients depend on us for knowledgeable and patient assistance with many Apple issues ranging from residential software upgrades and backups to creating and installing communication or backup solutions with everything in between.
The current position is for ten hours a week. The successful candidate will spend approximately three months shadowing the owner on residential calls. It is expected that following this orientation and training period, we will begin to assign residential on-sites to the Junior Technician by themselves.
The candidate with the right characteristics will see development opportunities and the potential for a full-time position as the company grows.
What qualities should a candidate exhibit?
- You enjoy meeting new people and listening to their stories.
- You employ exceptional communication skills, patience, clear thinking and a convivial approach in resolving customer’s frustrations.
- You have an exceptional knowledge of all Apple products, their installation, and performance.
- You are a confident, flexible, open-minded problem solver able to identify when you don’t have the answer, and ready to research or reach out to fellow team members until you find the solution.
- You are technically minded and are able to see the big picture.
- Your core understanding of technology allows you to quickly learn new software, new procedures, and new aspects of computing.
- You are an excellent driver with a Class 4 license and clean driving record.
- Required Understanding of Operating Systems: Intermediate to advanced macOS and iOS are compulsory. Windows & Linux are a bonus
Required Understanding of Principles and Protocols such as:
Workstation Design, Networking, WiFi, SSD, JBOD, RAID, VLAN, IPv4, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, AFP, SMB, FTP, VOIP, VNC, HTTP, SSL, IMAP, SMTP, Exchange
Software Requirements in Order of Importance:
iCloud suite of services, Photos, iMessage, FaceTime, Mac Mail, Mac Calendar, Outlook, Word, Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint, Office 365, Gmail, Google Suite, Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion, Adobe Creative Cloud
The perfect addition to our team appreciates a good puzzle. They are keen to listen patiently to a client’s needs until they are finished explaining before carefully contemplating a solution. They maintain an easy-going approach to solving challenging technical issues, and are comfortable communicating to a client that they need a few moments to think. They are able to recognize emotional shifts in the clients they work with and adapt their communication skills to suit the client’s needs. They take ownership of projects and follow through with clients until the issue is resolved.
If this sounds like you, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Send your resume to email@example.com
Please note: This position necessitates in-home visits to our residential clients, and as such requires the applicant to provide up-to-date proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, including any eligible boosters.